Monday, August 11, 2008

Ok, this is getting old.


It's been awhile since I posted so I thought maybe I'd let you all know what's been occupying all my time.

If you've read my wife's Blog (marislittlecorner.blogspot.com) at all you know that we've been fixing up our kitchen. The re-do started back in the early 1800's, at least it feels that way, with the floor cabinets being changed to make room for a dishwasher, something we never had. The painting was next, walls and cabinets,which included stripping wallpaper, sanding the cabinets then priming and two coats of paint. Funny, writing it makes it sound so quick and easy but it was not! After the paint came new laminate on the counter then the new sink and faucet went in, with new plumbing to hook up the dishwasher, which is now running praise be!

That takes us to the present, and todays fiasco, tiling the backsplash. With every step came a new set of problems, this one involves three outlets in the backsplash. This morning I started lying out and cutting the 13" square tiles to fit the space on the wall. This went quite well thanks to a nice big wet saw and I was done by noon. After lunch I thought, "all I have to do is cut three little outlet holes and I can put up the tiles, I'll be done by supper!" Ha! Should have seen it coming.

Well, several dull and broken bits, four cracked tiles and a few more years off my life and the outlet holes still are not cut. Yea, this is getting old.

5 comments:

Mari said...

You have had your share of obstacles to overcome in this long endeavor, but you did it - and did it well. I think it's looking just great and I really appreciate all your hard work! You're almost done. I love you!!! :)

Cherdecor said...

At least you still have your humor!
You had me laughing to the end!

We put up a canopy a couple of weeks ago, and it was supposed to have been a pretty easy thing to do. We ran into a few obstacles too and it turned into an all day's job and then some. We ended up digging holes for the posts that we had never intended.

Oh well, we are certainly enjoying it now and I know that you and Mari will enjoy this new kitchen.

Andrew Bruins said...

I'm sorry you arent having any luck, I know how you feel. That does get old

Cheri said...

I'm sorry everythings a struggle in the kitchen- it reminds me of when Mark works on vehicles- it's always something!
The kitchen looks amazing and you're doing an incredible job!

Yes- I'm sucking up to get you to not be thinking evil thoughts of me-but it is true!

Terri said...

I'm just glad that I'm innocent in this whole ordeal!

It will look great though when it's done.