Monday, November 24, 2008

Ho Ho Ho!

I just finished a new carving that I wanted to share with you. Each year I try to do a new Santa, some of them are my own ideas and some are patterns from carving magazines. The one I carved this year is a pattern by Mark Gargac I got in Woodcarving Illustrated. I started with his basic idea and tweaked it to mark it my own. He was a fun one to do and I gained some experience carving beards, hope you like him.



I have some of my Santa carving at Season's Flowers on Chicago Drive in Grandville, this guy is headed there today.

9 comments:

Mari said...

I think he turned out awesome!

Cheri said...

He turned out really great!!
Quit getting rid of them so quickly, I don't have a chance to get over there to make a mark on them for a discount!

Zaankali said...

That is excellent!

Cherdecor said...

All I can say is WOW! I would like to watch you carve one because I cannot imagine anyone carving something so detailed. Amazing!

Unknown said...

He is amazing!!! I love the detail

Unknown said...

He is amazing!!! I love the detail

Andrew Bruins said...

He is awesome. I love that beard. Good work.

Melissa said...

I really like this santa!! Good job :)

Anonymous said...

That's very cool, I think you should take a picture everyday you carve on something and we could check the progress and see it transform in front of our eyes!Yeah do that! Patty